Tuesday 17 June 2014

My Top Five Hair Products!

'She would be half a planet away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight to flamenco guitar.'



























Sydney has really taught me to appreciate little things in life, how treating yourself to a bunch of flowers can completely lift your mood, how rose-scented hand cream can put a smile on your face, how strolling on the streets and just lying on the grass watching the clouds float pass Harbour Bridge can be so exciting (especially since I have no sense of direction whatsoever, therefore am very prone to getting lost, so everyday is an adventure for me)! I've become a celery and kale juice drinker, one of those insane people who jog by the river at ungodly hours of the morning, and when it comes to hair, I really believe owning beach hair yet not having a bird's nest really makes you feel like you're in control of your own life. It's sort of like when your lingerie matches your outfit. Kind of.


So here is a list of my recommendations after subjecting my hair to a LOT of different brands:


1. John Freida Shampoo and Conditioner in Brilliant Brunette: This is by far the best duo available on the market. It has that warm smell of roasted nuts on a winter's day and actually does what it says on the bottle. My hair looks glossier and the brown really shines through! I think it's the smell more than anything that keeps me coming back for more though!


2. Tony&Guy Dry Shampoo: Since I'm really busy all the time, I wash my hair every other day in the summer and every 2-3 days in the winter; and given that I have hip-length hair, it really weighs my whole head down and I lose the volume slightly, so I rely on dry shampoo to a) cleanse my hair and soak up the excess oil on those alternate days that I don't have time to wash and blow dry my hair, and b) it does wonders for volume! Out of all the dry shampoos I've tried, I think Tony&Guy is the best one out there, it smells like clean laundry!


3.Klorane Dry Shampoo: Karl Lagerfeld swears by it, and I swear by him, so I bought a can. It's completely scentless and soaks up the oil more than Tony&Guy does. However, it doesn't do much for the volume, so it really depends on what matters more to you!


4. Kevin Murphy Sea Salt Spray: This little beauty roughens the hairs slightly to give it that wavy beach look! I use it before I apply my dry shampoo (liberally). It does give your hair a hay-like texture though, which is the down side! It has a distinctive whiff of chlorine too... If you don't mind walking around smelling like the swimming pool all day, this should do the job!


5. Kevin Murphy Colour Bug: I love experimenting with my hair, but dyeing it every 3 months is going to seriously damage it and no amount of hair serum can save those awful split ends I had when I went red! So hair chalk was my salvation. It's a one day dry application of any colour under the sun, as soon as it makes contact with water it washes off. So you get to keep your locks AND have fun with it!


Items 1-3 are available at Woolworth's opposite Queen Victoria Building, and items 4-5 are availble in the hair salon on the top floor of The Strand Arcade!
Love,
K

2 comments:

  1. "Karl Lagerfeld swears by it, and I swear by him" HAHHAAHAA love it!
    Weeee it sounds good! I'm gna search high and low in Hk till i find it hahaa
    Please do more of these product posts! I wanna steal Kay-style ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love your style too :)

    ReplyDelete