Sunday 1 June 2014

Surry Hills

'My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humour, and some style.'

I know I am blogging a month after my time in Sydney, but Surry Hills was actually the first part of town I hit, being attracted to the thought of trendy restaurants and vintage clothing, not to mention Messina ice cream!





I had the apple crumble ice cream (which tasted exactly like it was supposed to; heavenly), and the salted caramel with white chocolate chips (which tasted like a lump of sugar). I think after I fell without warning into the frozen yoghurt craze, ice cream never tasted the same again. For those of you who like rich flavours and creamy textures, this might be just the thing for you!



Black velvet blazer: Zara. Black cashmere jumper: Marc Jacobs. Tartan dress: Free People. Clutch and iPhone5 crossbody case: Chanel. Shoes: Oscar de la Renta.


What I also love about Sydney is that there are florists everywhere and anywhere you go! I wish they had a flower market though, like London, or maybe I just haven't found it yet!




We went back later in the week for dinner at Le Pelican on Burke Street. I was very impressed with this restaurant, the setting was intimate, the food was one of the best I've had all week, and the dessert was out of this world! You MUST try Le Chocolat if you're ever in Sydney, the temperature of the fondant was perfect, and the thyme ice cream with crumble on the side was slightly salty so they balanced each other out. I also liked the extra attention to detail, presenting the dishes on pieces of slate made the meal stand out and the whole thing put together looked very clean!


Le Crabe





Le Canard



Le Couchon



Le Chocolat



La Meringue



Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment