Saturday 26 July 2014

Four Seasons Langkawi

'Do not fall in love with people like me. I will take you to museums and parks and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place so that you can never go back to them without tasting me, like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave, you will finally understand why storms are named after people.'




Langkawi has been a dream, it made me realise the answer to the question, 'if you were on a deserted island, what are the three things you would take with you?' This remote part of scorching Malaysia will be one of the trips I will remember for the rest of my life; the tranquility, the vastness, the never-ending strips of beaches merging into thick luscious greens of tropical rainforests, and the fact that I did not see a single living human being apart from the hotel staff. 

We were in dire need of a massage, so that is what happened on the first morning, outdoor heaven. I would recommend drowning yourself in mosquito repellent, or anything remotely peppermint-scented to keep the insects at bay!

Adult pool
Not that it made a difference since we seemed to be the only ones on the island, but I really appreciated the attention to details of separating the adult and family pools!

Family Pool




After some complimentary watersports and a magical supper, we called it a day and walked back to our hut to wake up to another beautiful morning! I was head over heels in love with my bathroom. And my bed. And my balcony. I'm not moving!!!




Did I mention my balcony?

We decided to explore the mangroves on the second day, weaving in and out of narrow rocky paths and getting VERY sunburnt! The waters were so clear that you could see all the sea creatures underneath, and along the way there were wild monkeys swinging from trees, hoping we would throw them a bag of crisps or a banana. We came back to the hotel for lunch shortly after; there really wasn't much exploring left to do so the remaining days were spent swimming, afternoon napping and generally being James Bond minus the killing.




It was another quiet morning when we had breakfast:

And lunch:





This picture pretty much sums up the rest of the three days, I am so thankful for this experience!


Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment