Thursday 5 June 2014

The Opera House

'Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, maybe you should set up a life you don't need to escape from.'





























I think you're supposed to throw coins into the fountain and then touch the nose for good luck!

Take a walk down Macquarie Street which leads you straight to the Opera House, it is by far my favourite street in Sydney! You'll pass by what used to be The Sydney Hospital, as well as The Botanical Gardens!



Having spent the past three weeks walking incessantly, hoping to explore every corner of town, my legs gave way after this twenty minute walk, so we sat down for lunch at the Opera Bar! They have THE best view of Sydney (unless you own a private helicopter), a great live band and an amazing fig and rocket salad to top it all off!




Checking out all the flora and fauna of the Botanical Gardens was also on my list, so we took the path along the waters after lunch, heading in the direction of Mrs Macquarie's chair. Now, Mr Macquarie must have loved his wife a lot to build her a chair overlooking the small castaway island where prisoners were whipped, starved and executed. I cannot think of a better view to have on a Sunday stroll.



Blue satin and lace top: Dolce and Gabbana




I have now fully embraced my height and have gone back to wearing flats. I actually bought these shoes three years ago, but they have never been worn. I've been told I do that a lot... Anyway, they are black velvet with satin ribbons as laces from Nine West!


We ended our walk in Finger Wharf and sat down at China Doll for some dim sum and dessert, coincidentally it happened to be a restaurant frequented by Russell Crowe. I did not take any pictures... As much as I cannot fault them for their stellar service, the food was downright inedible. The flavours were too strong, and trust me, I have never had a spoonful of dessert and could not stomach the rest! Woolloomooloo is otherwise a picturesque part of Sydney, with private yachts swimming around the place!
Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment